Building Support for EE
How can we build support and value for Environmental Education in Colorado?
CAEE is working with partners across the state to build value and support for environmental education as high quality education and as a long term solution to environmental issues and challenges. By building partnerships with state leaders, promoting policy and legislation supporting environmental education, and increasing funding available we can ensure all Coloradans become environmentally literate.
How can you build support for EE?
Join the Coalition to Support Environmental Literacy in Colorado. The coalition is a network of organizations all across the state representing thousands of Coloradans who support environmental education and initiatives like those listed above. The coalition is not only a great way to show our state leaders the incredible support for environmental education in our state, they also are the first to receive action alerts to spread the word about the importance of environmental education to our state leaders. As a coalition member you can:
- Alert your organization's membership and leadership about the importance of environmental education and legislation.
- Get Active in educating and thanking your state legislators for supporting critical policy.
- Sign on to Coalition letters to Colorado State Legislators as appropriate.
- Write letters to the editor or op-eds for your local newspaper.
- Send updates to your members as they become available from the Coalition
How do I become a Member of the Coalition?
1) Sign the online statement of support, which allows us to utilize you and/or your organization's name and constituency to demonstrate the need for this legislation.
2) Coalition members should keep their organization's members informed of the Coalition's progress.
If you have any questions about the Coalition to Advance Environmental Literacy in Colorado, please contact CAEE.