CAEE Forum on Climate Choices: How Should We Meet the Challenges of a Warming Planet?
The Colorado Alliance for Environmental Education presents
Climate choices: A public deliberation on meeting the challenges of a warming planet
Thursday June 15, 3:00-5:00p MST
Please join us for this online forum where participants will engage in civic-minded, public deliberation about climate change. In this forum, a trained moderator will guide small groups of 8-12 participants through deliberation around the central question:
How should we meet the challenges of a warming planet?
The primary goal of deliberation is to move toward a public decision on a difficult issue through choice work. This forum will utilize a deliberation framework presented in the National Issues Forums (NIF) issue guide on Climate Choices.
Through deliberation, participants can expect to
- understand the pros and cons of a suite of options for addressing climate change
- know the strategic facts of climate change and how they affect our thinking
- carefully weigh different views of climate change
- appreciate what each person considers valuable in everyday life
- work through conflicts that arise when various options to address climate change pull and tug on what we consider valuable
Specific background knowledge on climate change is not necessary. Participants need only be prepared to share their personal stake in climate change. The exploration, sharing, and learning will evolve from there!
Registration: Required. Spots are limited and on a first-come, first-serve basis. Make your reservation today!
Time Commitment: The online format is intended to facilitate a real-time deliberative forum. Participation will require a full 2-hour commitment to actively engage with others through an online chat board. No audio or video needed.
A confirmation email and further instructions will be sent upon registration. Questions may be forwarded to email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you there!