Event Sustainability Efforts
Conference Sustainability Efforts
We are reducing our use of materials, reusing whatever we can, and with the help of our venue, we will be recycling and composting. There will be signs located on compost and recycle bins. Please be mindful and read before you toss! Other conference sustainability efforts include:
- Bring your own coffee mug and water bottle to cut down on usage of disposable products.
- Check out the swap table to bring and find supplies, materials, books, water bottles, coffee mugs, cloth bags, etc.
- In an effort to reduce paper materials, CAEE is encouraging presenters to post their presentations/resources on CAEE’s T.R.E.E. Directory (www.coloradoee.org) and informing exhibitors and conference attendees about the job/resource posting area where you can take pictures of announcements/resources with your phone camera rather than taking paper handouts.
- Use a camera phone to take pictures of announcements and resources at the conference and exhibitor tables.
- Rethink your transportation! Take public transportation to the Auraria Campus. Find out more about transportation options.
- We are using Seredipity Catering for the event. They commit to meeting all environmental standards in the event industry. Find out more about their green practices.
- Join our efforts to reduce waste! The Auraria Higher Education Center partners with the Environmental Protection Agency’s WasteWise and Food Recovery Challenge program with the commitment to increasing composting and working with preferred vendors, like Serendipity Catering. Single Stream recycling is also offered throughout campus. Aluminum, plastic containers, glass bottles, and paper alike can be placed into the same blue bin for recycling. Food waste can also be placed in composting bins located near the food service areas.
- Read more about the Auraria Campus sustainability efforts.